Friday, January 04, 2008

Funky Frankfort Friday

My Gal Pal Cathy bought a house in Frankfort and we made a screaming road trip up there today.
She has a ton of rentals, but this one is JUST for her...and for her pals to crash at!!
Delivered some funky furniture, then ate at THE FUSHION (Fusion Restaurant 411 Main St, Frankfort, MI - (231) 352-4114) HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Contemporary Asian Cuisine “Best New Restaurant & Best Chinese Restaurant”—People’s Choice, Northern Express “The Fusion is the hottest ticket up north”—Traverse City Record Eagle ...


My hot and sour soup was superb, my hot Colonel chicken Fab!
My Pal and I had an appetizer, and 2 lunches for under 24 dollars.



Then we loaded up with goodies from the local bakery-The Crescent Bakery (http://www.crescent-bakery.com), Cathy LOVES their fritters, I got some locally roasted Coffee--Leelanau Coffee Christmas blend. The coffee comes with it's own heavy duty brass closure! The bag is a full 16 ounces, and was 12.00.

I should have gotten a Coffee THERE but I wasn't thinking. I met a Great lady in the Fusion, and we traded homeschooling stories, and they adopted a baby from China. We were three women with NO kids!! WHOO HOO!!!


On the way back home, because one can NEVER have enough good food, beer or wine (although Cathy doesn't drink AND she doesn't drive at night so I could not get REAL wild!)I had to introduce her to Lakeside Charlies in Cadillac.The "LAKE" is Lake Mitchell where die hards had their Ice Fishing shanties up. (This casual American-cuisine eatery is located across from beautiful Lake Mitchell and was once owned by Ernest Hemingway. Its bar, the perfect meeting place for friends, a before- or after-dinner cocktail, or to enjoy live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights, is authentic and dates back to 1903. The menu features favorites such as house-smoked ribs, whitefish, and the award-winning chili.)
We shared Chicken wraps and I had some chili-had to send my Chili back as it was NOT hot, Cathy had Clam chowder and she said it was really good..with lots to chew. I think I threw up a little in my mouth when she said that...BLEK
Well This computer...My old OLD one, is real slow..so I'm signing off for tonight.

Please pray my baby gets fixed soon and I can type without waiting for the cursor to catch up!!

No comments: