Sunday, January 06, 2008

Brian McClaren, looking over 2007, a GREAT read

http://www.brianmclaren.net/archives/news/reflections-on-2007.html

Just a little taste:
"I want my arms and hands to be open toward liberals and conservatives, mainliners and Evangelicals, Catholics and Protestants and Orthodox, gay-affirming and gay-accepting-but-not-affirming, Republicans and Democrats. I want to look for common ground and focus on Jesus, the center point who holds all things together for us. I want to see difference as diversity rather than division, and as opportunity rather than threat. I want to show the same respect to people who hold different opinions as I would want them to show to me. Of course I’ll fail at this at times, but I hope I never abandon this commitment as my ideal and goal."

No comments: