Sunday, July 22, 2007

Abundance

Part of this "new" way of thinking..reminds me of the old bible school song
"He owns the cattle on a thousand hills
the wealth in Every mine
He owns the rivers and the rocks and rills,
the Sun and Stars that shine,
Wonderful riches more than tongue can tell
He is my Father so they're mine as well
He owns the cattle on a thousand hills I know that'
He Will care for ME".

I was looking at a website...(will have to refind), that talked about Great men of the bible...Abraham, King David...and the WEALTH they accumulated. I'm Really NOT trying to get into this "name it and claim" it type thinking..I'm just exploring here...talking out loud...imagining Mary P. or Ness, or Char, or someone I trust across from me with a cup of Coffee. Someone who will listen to me..and yet slap the crap out of me if I get too whacked.
Maybe it's because I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER since the recent surgery. I don't know. But I'm TIRED of being down in the mouth...feeling as if I have no options. Our Money management class has had unexpected side benefits. I think of What I do for my children--basically give up MY Life so they can live theirs--run them here, deliver them there, shell out money for Dance, Tae Kwon, drive two hours for practice etc. It reminds me of that verse, 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matt. 7
9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. If I..as crappy a mom as I am..would sacrifice what I have for MY children..Is HE..so much more holy...He gives out of ABUNDANCE..that's what I desire for MY children.
Not out of sacrifice..that leads to bitterness...
My one friend Char and I are discussing slowly "The Secret". Her take is correct..I would NOT recommend this maybe to a "baby" believer. There IS a lot of "pscho babble" in it. However..I am coming at it from an entirely different perspective. Pastor Robb made HUGE impact on my life when He said.."All TRUTH is GOD's TRUTH". ...I am discerning (I think) enough to sort through stuff, and grow.
I took Helena to an antique flea market (with M & M). While buying a Italian cook book for 3$$ (our latest inquiry into SOPRANO's)..I stated to the seller, "Ok..well I guess I can't live without this, so I have to buy it". The sellers son..jumped all me..."Oh that's GREAT thing you are teaching your daughter". This is a phrase that My mom and I use a lot while garage saleing. I said..."well I think it IS a good thing to teach..there are so VERY few things I desire/want.--I can live without anything..I choose what I want to buy.." anyway...Limited thinking. Sick of it. Concentrating now on..."I have come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly".

No comments: