Thursday, May 17, 2007

Jeremiah continues to speak

I have been talking to a newer friend of mine..and have entered an agreement with her. We are sort of on new turf..of trusting God..and waiting.
I have been sharing Jeremiah 29 with her..that I have been thinking about for 3 months.
Since this last week, and this agreement with her..my Russia plans are being firmed up (October its looking like), and I have stopped doing some things I should stop.
I love what My friend Char says tho..."I don't have to stop...when it's "on the table" then I will stop..then God wants me to deal with it. We don't have arbitrary things we "give up"...unless we really sense the leading of the Spirit.


I am "Pleasantly pondering"....what is next. I mean really..how weird is it that I feel burdened to pray for that Market ? ( both of us in the last 2 days have had thoughts of a little local store) BUT..that is exactly what I think Jeremiah 29 7 is talking about.
I'm so impressed by God...that he continues after weeks of thinking about this verse..to show me more and more ways it applies in different situations. SEEK PEACE AND PROSPERITY< Pray TO THE LORD FOR IT ..PRAY...For the City where you DWELL TO PROSPER...BECAUSE IF IT PROSPERS, YOU WILL PROSPER.
I like that he says..."IF" the city prospers ...it's not a guarantee. That's how I think Faith is too. You reach out in Faith...BELIEVING..as we are supposed to (*commanded to)...and there is not a guarantee of the end result -
It is a PROCESS...the very act of Praying, of SEEKING and praying for others (those in the city) is how we eventually find peace and prosperity?....How interesting. then
a couple verses later it says..."Do not let the diviners among you deceive you--do not listen to the dreams you encourage them to have..they are prophesying lies to you in my name..I have not sent them, " declares the Lord. ...THIS Is What the Lord says< ...I will come to you AND fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place (the place of peace?), For I KNOW the plans I have for you...PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU, Plans to give you HOPE AND A FUTURE, THEN you WILL call upon ME and come and pray to ME and I WILL listen to YOU. YOU WILL seek mE and Find ME when you Seek me with all your Heart... WILL BE FOUND BY YOU declares the Lord.
So
What do I get from this?
* We are to seek Peace
* We are to Seek Prosperity
* We are to Pray for peace and Prosperity (different than SEEKING it)
*Pray for the City where we dwell, Specifically for it to prosper
* Don't listen to people in our lives that are telling lies (diviners)
* God has promises for us,
*God will Fulfill his promises to us
*God has PLANS for us
*These plans are GOOD..for our Good...and for our Prospering
*God does NOT have harm toward us in anything
*God wants Us to have HOPE and a FUTURE (implication to me being a different future than we see right now)
*We will call Upon God
*God will Listen to us
* We will SEEK God..and God will allow us to find him. (God will move slow enough for us to catch up to Him)

"Thank you Father, for having plans for my life. Not just when Things are going great, but especially for having plans when Life calls for a change, and you are there showing me the path you have chosen just for me". Amen. (prayer from women's devotional bible-Sue Richards)

No comments: