Monday, July 03, 2006

MOVIE: OFFICE SPACE

from Creator Mike Judge..

What a crack up. This flick is so silly in parts it's stupid..but that made me LAUGH. Main guy has an apt where the neighbor can hear EVERYTHING..at one point he says if he had a million bucks he would want "to do two chicks" at a time...he's questioned..TWO chicks at a time..thats IT with a million bucks??..he says..YEAH it would take MONEY for two chicks to double up on a guy like me....LOL...
There is token "handcapper" guy who ends up with everything in the end, has let's see, hes Fat, a lisp, OCD, becomes attached to a stapler (pun intended). He had also gotten laid off 5 years before, but nobody bothered to tell him.

Plot was thin, but depicted office spaces perfectly..the nasty cubicles, overhearing EVERYTHING from someone else's. Man..I loved the Dept. Of Corrections days when I had an office and a DOOR that SHUT. speaking of the DOC:
Michael Bolton: If we get caught, we're not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We're going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.
Samir: I don't want to go to ANY prison!

Anyway..back to the Flick..some GREAT quotes:

One from a "people person".. Tom Smykowski: Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?
HA HA HA
Then the boss..always using the phrase..."That would be great". I think I may have to start encorporating that. Actually..I already do, in Love and Logic its called = "assumption of compliance"..you make a request, then say THANK you..and walk away assuming it is GOING to be done.."that would be great"...LOL.

Peter Gibbons: Good luck with your layoffs, all right? I hope your firings go really, really well.

Recommend? YES, keep an open mind and don't get bogged down by the silliness.

No comments: