Monday, March 31, 2008

EFT: Emotional Freedome Technique: the I can make you thin guy

In an effort many bloggers call "keeping it real" I thought I would share MY experience with the "pop" new "tapping" that is currently on TLC on "I can make you thin", by Paul McKenna.

I first experienced EFT WAIT: What is it??? SKIP to BELOW I want to tell my story!
I was at a Conference shortly after we got an Asperger's diagnosis for our then 12 yr old son. My leg was KILLING ME-the result of a car wreck and plates and screws(I have since STOPPED using that expression, and refuse to tell my brain that "its Killing me " as I think it would listen.)
Anyway...there was some nut job offering "tapping" as a way to release pain. I thought what the heck...as I was on vicodin MANY times a day.
She asked questions about my pain, my car wreck...had me tap here on my cheek, there on my shoulder blade, chin etc. I am not kidding when I say it was THE FIRST TIME in YEARS that I felt no pain. NONE. It didn't last Forever, but I have used this technique successfully for about 3 years. It WORKS. I don't know why, but..I am just trying to "keep it real" and share my success.
What is EFT?

EFT is based on a new discovery that has provided thousands with relief from pain, diseases and emotional issues. Simply stated, it is an emotional version of acupuncture except needles aren't necessary. Instead, you stimulate well established energy meridian points on your body by tapping on them with your fingertips. The process is easy to memorize and is portable so you can do it anywhere. It launches off the EFT Discovery Statement which says...

"The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body's energy system."

And because our physical pains and diseases are so obviously connected with our emotions the following statement has also proven to be true...

"Our unresolved negative emotions are major contributors to most physical pains and diseases."

This common sense approach draws its power from (1) time-honored Eastern discoveries that have been around for over 5,000 years and (2) Albert Einstein, who told us back in the 1920's that everything (including our bodies) is composed of energy. These ideas have been largely ignored by Western Healing Practices and that is why EFT often works where nothing else will. As you will clearly see, conventional healing methods have overlooked the obvious.


Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT):
The natural healing aid that almost anyone can use for almost anything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9UHeBpf_s

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

i gotta start watching this show...i am wicked curious...

when are you free...tried to call back, but life....grrrrrr

Jan said...

Beside Tai Chi, I also teach some QiGong. Some of QiGong uses self tapping. The one I like best is called Spring Forest QiGong. I always do this at the end of class, and we all kind of melt, at the end.

You can check out an explaination here: http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/qigong/qigong3.htm

WORKING MOM said...

I just turned this show on, and then opened your blog. So, now I will actually watch it. Was going to turn it.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I doubt that was what Einstein was talking about ^^

Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is an old post, but I just saw your post (and tweeted about it) and I wanted to congratulate you on finding something that has worked.

I love this story because it's a great illustration that anyone can benefit from tapping - and you don't have to let it take over your life and start drinking wheatgrass and listening to new age music to benefit from the simple principles behind EFT.

Thanks for turning me on to the show, too. I'll have to see if I can find some old episodes.