Monday, November 10, 2008
1. 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2. 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
3. 1/4 teaspoon salt
4. 1/4 teaspoon pepper
5. 4 boneless pork loin chops
6. 1 tablespoon butter
7. 1 tablespoon olive oil
8. 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
9. 2 tablespoons orange juice
10. 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
11. 4 sprigs fresh thyme
1. In a small bowl, combine crushed thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Rub evenly over pork chops.
2. Melt butter and olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook pork chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning once. Remove from skillet and keep warm in preheated oven.
3. In the skillet, combine raspberry jam, orange juice, and vinegar. Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is reduced to desired consistency (sauce will thicken as it cools). Spoon sauce in a pool onto a serving plate, and top with pork chops. Garnish with sprigs of thyme.