Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday, LAST day, new beginnings

WOW! I was first to comment on Pioneer Woman's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels story.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/2008/06/black_heels_to_tractor_wheels_a_love_story_part_xxxv.

So today is the last day for me to have class with One double section of students. I'll have them 4 hours today. It was SUPPOSED to be tomorrow..SO, I can't pick my kids up from the last day of their school, and that really bums me out.

I started Courses again at the University...actually a community college for a certificate program. I already have a 4 year degree, but this I think is better than a Master's and marketable. One "know it all" student assumed I was "just a student" (I've taught the course I'm taking), and I shut him down quite profoundly. He was amused at my notetaking. I always note others names/and what they share about themselves. I told him..HEY I'm a Consultant...That's how I make my money is by KNOWING people..>I can't just shut it off, and then AFTER class, proceeded to introduce HIM to about 5 students whose names I got from my notes. HA. Take that.

More tomorrow..>I'm whippppped

2 comments:

Mini Me's Room said...

cool beans

WORKING MOM said...

What an idiot the student was. Good for you, shutting him down, and congrats on the certificate work. It is far more marketable that a masters now.