Saturday, October 03, 2020

Folly Beach SC

I arrived at Robyn's from flying on Tuesday evening. We had a mediocre dinner at a fabulous waterfall place. I always feel home when I get here. Lots of anxiety before..but my arrival was smooth. 

We left for the beach Friday morning. Stopped at a rest area so she could do her noon Zoom Soul Group meeting. I refound a cool geocache...literally, an ammo can in the woods. It was soaked inside but I didn't want to take off my sock to dry it. 

Jet the big black poodle was happy to see me. Moe...such a little ole man doggie dog...tottering around to his bed. 

The beach is amazing. Staying right at the Folly Beach TIDES hotel, second floor...its amazing and we are here until next Weds. I'm living my dream. Room 240. Right near the pier. 

Stuart, the gentleman I met last summer while taking Helena to Denver actually happens to be in Charleston. I'm not sure if we will catch up with him or not. 

I'm going to relax, eat cheap and listen to Spirit. Sounds like a pretty good place to start. 

It's weird being a widow. Its weird not having to explain what I am doing, and making decisions that are best for only me. It was like that a lot of the time in the marriage, but I always had to consider Don, he just didn't want to have to work for anything. I get back Saturday in a week, and the next day is Kimberly Charbenau's book signing at the Comic Shop. 

Then I'm supposed to go to Southern Ohio to meet up with the Other Donna from Legends, and a couple other ladies too. 

I've been to Houghton Lake a couple times in the past few weeks. I met this really old Guy at Cops and donuts while waiting for someone else, Daniel Brata. Daniel loves to golf, gets into the holiness of it. We had dinner on the water, lovely spot. Cozy and warm inside. It was a little too brisk to eat outside. He has a nice little place, not on the water but near it, near a church camp. Daniel has a good soul, laughs a lot and is living a full life. He had a friend, a Judge that was somehow got into trouble. He resigned rather than face all the BS of writeups in the paper, investigations and all that. Daniel just believed the bad press. I told him...that the Judge did not owe ANYONE an explanation. He said that this Judge moved to Pensacola and was teaching Law at the Christian School. Daniel called him, and they had a great reunion on the phone, and the former Judge was going to call him today. That's a great thing, both of them were happy. 

I helped my mentor Dr Parmer move a bunch of stuff out of her mom's storage. Two "Africaans" were there, and they were taking a bunch of stuff to Chicago for shipping to Africa. I  gave Alex a tour  of Mt Pleasant. He was so cute, about 80 years old. He was so delighted, he grabbed my hand, kissed it and thanked me for being God's servant. There was quite a discussion as to if he would be allowed to travel alone with me. He has called everyday and wants me to help him do a fund raiser for cement bags for a school he is trying to build in Africa. They are $15 a bag for Cement. 





No comments: