Thursday, September 01, 2011

Thursday's Thinkin


I'm getting a "real boy"....thinking of Pinocchio. After years and years of telling others to become foster/adoptive parents..this time I am doing it officially. I've always DONE it...for months at a time...but this time~ Whew. I'm trying not to freak out. My Pinocchio is 17...yep what the hell is he a "foster" for then you ask. Well well...He's been isolated and left to go in a field of his own, as far as schooling is. He's been employed, hasn't been arrested, isn't an arsonist..so why will he be my "real boy" you may ask?
As I told HUNDREDS of Foster families seeking to adopt, sometimes, a child is in "foster care" through NO fault of his own. In this case, who knows if it is the fault of his parents either.
"THEY" capitals because most of the Bio parents are thought of as "THE OPPOSITION"...are great people. Law abiding, "CHRISTIAN", and parents of other successful children.
My "Pinocchio"...has visited for weeks at a time, and says.."HERE" he can breathe. I find it amazing that someone would CHOSE to come to my messy squished in house, but..there you have it. Same as this dang Dog that seems to have been staying here a whle now.



Prove yourself brave, truthful, and unselfish, and someday, you will be a real boy.

" Little puppet made of pine, awake. The gift of life is thine."


Pinocchio: Father, whatcha crying for?
Geppetto: Because... you're dead, Pinocchio.
Pinocchio: No! No, I'm not.
Geppetto: Yes. Yes, you are. Now, lie down...
Pinocchio: But father, I'm alive. See?
[Looks at himself]
Pinocchio: And... and I'm... I'm real. I'm a real boy!
Geppetto: You're alive! And... and you are a real boy!


No comments: